HARRIS Tower – HO
The HARRIS Tower still stands near the former Pennsylvania Railroad’s passenger station in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. This tower was first put into service on April 26, 1930 in an effort to modernize and consolidate three older interlocking plants in the area. Harris Tower handled most of the train movement in and out of the Harrisburg area with 59 turnouts and 43 signals under its control. As the western terminus of the PRR’s electrified lines, it controlled the movement of over 120 trains per day at its peak in the 1930’s – 1940’s. This number of trains dwindled over time as the result of reduced passenger service and a movement to more modern centralized train movement technologies. The Harris Tower is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and has been restored by the Harrisburg Chapter of the National Railway Historical Society as an operating museum. This kit features self-stick brick overlays, step-by-step illustrated instructions and can be built with or without the optional underground access level. A full color prototype photo sheet is contained in the instructions as a reference for coloring this model. A reproduction of the PRR Harrisburg Yard Diagram dated July 1, 1950 is available as a PDF file by request. The laser-cut brick pieces featured in this kit are created from our “Model Builder’s Supply Line” styrene building sheets which are available separately. HO Scale model measures approximately 5″(L) X 4″(W) X 7″(H). N Scale model measures approximately 2½”(L) X 2″(W) X 3½”(H).